How Do I Scrap A Car For Cash?
You don’t scrap a car for cash! It’s a last resort. The best ways to deal with an end of life vehicle are:
- to see if it can be repaired economically by a garage and sell it on the basis of a repair being required or,
- sell it for spares to repair another car.
To scrap a car for cash now is not permitted. If a car is to be scrapped in the UK a cheque payment must be made – not cash.
We will not scrap a car for cash but we will buy an end of life vehicle to repair or use in a repair.
Scrapping A Car Is Wasteful
The process of scrapping a car uses energy. It produces contaminants that are hazardous to the environment and they must be dealt with in a safe manner. More importantly, when you sell your car for scrap you will typically receive less money. To class a vehicle as scrap it really must have absolutely no further use either as a runner or for spares.
We buy scrap cars for cash to repair or use in a repair and give more than scrap car prices.
Types of Car We Buy For Cash
Why send two cars to the scrap yard when one can go? We buy cars in almost any condition to use to repair another car or to be repaired.
Recycling a scrap car starts here – with it’s potential to keep another car on the road or be repaired to provide more years of useful service.
The types of cars we buy fall into the following categories:
- Engine failures – No big deal unless it is totally catastrophic and even then there are usually other parts on the car that can be used. Bent valves can be put right. Cylinder head gaskets can be repaired. It all depends on the car and the nature of the damage to the engine. If you’re not sure give us a call.
- Gearbox Problems – More likely to be a seller for spares or/and repairs. However, a car with a good engine and miles of potential will prove repairable under certain conditions. Don’t let a broken gearbox put you off trying to get more money when you sell it on as a non-runner. Call us.
- MOT Failures – With these it’s again a matter of what is wrong with the car, it’s make and model. Generally it is the cost associated with labour that stops most people repairing an MOT failure – and sometimes the safety aspect. 80% of the time we buy MOT failed vehicles for far more than scrap. If you have any questions give us a ring.
- Accident Damaged – Another specialist area and one where the major part of the repair bill is usually labour. We buy accident damaged cars but the price we pay is reflected by the damage to the vehicle. Give us a call if you have a car like this to sell.
- Electrical Faults – These can involve a lot of time in investigating the fault and specialist parts. Give us a call if your car has a electrical problems.
So if you want to scrap a car for cash and receive a payment that reflects its value if it can be repaired or as a donor vehicle then give us a call on 07860-400-661.